Sunday 30 September 2012

Birthday Wishlist


I know I have grown older or maybe I have just become boring. I wrote my short wish list and I thought about my 20th and 21st birthday wish list and I knew there has been a total transformation.
A lot has happened; I have lost 2 friends to plane crash and to Nigeria’s poor healthcare management respectively.
The reality of how short life is has hit me hard in the face:
I have decided that as I clock 24, my life is going to be what I decide to make out of it and therefore, I would Live life to the fullest, no inhibitions and I mean that positively only.
I wish for a better Nigeria without the bombings, killings and cruelty.
I wish that my destiny and purpose in life is actualized.
These days I get restless, it feels like there is something missing in my life and I know what that is about. The hunger and thirst for more exploration, my dreams to be actualised: I can’t keep talking about it, I have to start living it.
I wish to be a blessing to people and touch as many lives as possible
(Making others smile puts a lasting smile on your face…. Bolade)
I wish for more wisdom, excellent health and lasting happiness
I wish to be better in every area of my life
There goes my wishlist!!

Thus on this note, I am declaring some things to myself and I want to live by this: I have started and sometimes I fall short.. I check myself again and get back up..

Life is a learning process:

1. I will never speak or think negatively about myself for that puts me in disagreement with God’s thoughts of me which are always good and not evil to bring me to an expected end.
2. I will mediate on my strengths and learn to encourage myself
3. I will not compare myself to anyone else, I am unique and one of a kind.
4. I will focus on my potentials not on my limitations.
5. I will do everything I have to do, well and with excellence.
6. I pray for courage to be different, to please God and not people
7. I will learn to handle criticism. I will let it develop me, not discourage me.
8. I will determine my own worth before someone else does it for me
9. I will learn from my mistakes, I am a work in progress.
10. I will focus on my greatest source of confidence - my God
We are buried in sin but God says He will cleanse us from all the guilt of our sin and forgive all my rebellion against Him!
Yes sometimes we mourn but God promises restoration! Sometimes we are sick but He promises health and healing!

Other wish list items:
1. White Suit
2. Orange pants, shoe and bag
3. Colourful bandage dress
10. Sequined Shorts
14. Blue pumps
16. Chunky necklaces
l probably have to buy most of the stuff here myself …lol

No comments:

Post a Comment