Friday 15 February 2013

THE FINAL BOW…


Last night, my friend rang me up from the UK and he said ‘Bolade remember that chick that I used to call ‘Beyonce wannabe’, I said Goldie….he said yeah please check twitter, they say she’s dead but then it may be a rumor . I replied that its most likely a rumor! 

 Nigerians and their skills at spreading rumors  I dismissed the news immediately… then he asked me to come on Skype and gist him how my vals day went..

Later on, I checked twitter and LIB, news was flying around that Goldie is dead. I prayed that it will be a rumor and we would wake up to the news that the rumor is false

I woke up to news that it was not a rumor

 Goldie was one unique Nigerian artiste… Goldie was a daring and brave musician who always stood out. Even during the BBA show, she was herself, the ugly comments did not make her switch careers…She brought a different flavour and blend to the Nigerian music totally away from the usual. She really was creative; her risks with fashion outfits: amazing.  But I always loved her hair styles


I’m just speechless, with all the news flying around that she was estranged from her family and also she was married despite Prezzo’s saga..

Whatever it was, let the dead rest in peace..We the living can only learn…  Rest in Peace Goldie, I especially liked the track she did with Eldee ‘You know it’
In my opinion that was her best track and was really creative and daring..


We indeed need to live each day as if it were our last. Are you still holding grudges against that person? Keeping malice? Not declaring your love for someone? Not pursuing your dreams? Are you still holding back on giving your life to God? Don’t waste another second.. You never know when your journey would end….


….live your life now!

No comments:

Post a Comment