Thursday 25 October 2012

Be Happy By Yourself


I have a friend who clocked 35 this year. A day after her birthday, I decided to visit her because she didn't sound too happy on her birthday. On getting to her house, music was blaring loudly in her living room:
All by myself, don’t wanna be all by myself anymore” All by myself by Celine Dion.
I knew what the matter was, but again I did not know what to say.


Deep down, nobody wants to be by themselves, nobody wants to be single at 40 with no family to come home to. It’s actually worse for my friend as her parents are late and her siblings are in the UK. So she lived alone and had few friends, workaholic to the bone…
Well, I was confused and did not know what to say. I’m not one to give advice.


We hugged and I asked her if she was happy by herself, happy in her own company. Her response: Of cos not Bee, stop asking silly questions!
There, as far as I was concerned, that was the problem. I have another former colleague who happens to be her age mate but guess what, she was living the life.


She has so many activities going on that there was no time to moon over man or lack of the right one. “At night she would remember.. My sister would say whenever I brought up the topic of how friend B enjoys live to the fullest while friend A frowns at everyone and is most times moody.
If you ask me, friend B is so much fun and she has taught me to know that your happiness is in your hands, and nobody else’s

So enjoy life to the fullest, meet new people, go out to events, make new friend most and I think importantly enjoy your solitude. I simply love it when I have me time. Time for myself and by myself only! Meditate, read, shop, take time to relax., You only live once, Live it well, single, married, divorced, separated  etc.


Choose happiness, Be happy by yourself…





No comments:

Post a Comment