Thursday 25 October 2012

Relationship with "THE ONE" !


So I decided to write about heartbreaks..

I have broken hearts and I have gotten my heart broken. You know that saying… ‘What goes around comes around. Well yeah, it’s the very truth..
So if you have broken someone’s heart and you think you can never be heartbroken, think again… trust me I am so right on this one!

I am not going to give you the regular top ten tips to deal with heartbreak as Cosmo would.
No, I am just going to share what I am certain helps always.
Let me start by saying: I remember calling my friend and crying over the phone over well…relationship issues…

His response was: Sweetheart, I’m so sorry, I really don’t know what to say but how is your relationship right now with God cos if you are cool with God, every other relationship just works out. I know it may not make sense right now but maybe you should pray.

That hit me hard…I haven’t had a good time praying at the time… How could I? Guilty conscience was still pricking me like injection needles.
I said “Ok thanks, cut the call and went on my knees
An hour later, he called back. Did I say something wrong? Did I upset you, I was only… I cut him off, Kay you are the best, thank you for making my day. At that moment, the point he made really hit me……

Was I okay after the prayer? No!  Was the hurt still there? Yes!  But guess what I felt peace…Inner Peace. Once your relationship is right with God, every other relationship would be fine, when you have a relationship outside his approval then expect the worst.

No I don’t want to sound churchy or prudish, I am just saying it as it is.

If you are Non-Christian, free thinker or Pagan, please read on (I respect your religious decisions , however I proudly announce who I believe in to whoever cares to listen.)

So you have cried, sworn, hate on yourself, hate on the person who put you through the pain. You can’t do it on your own. Pray, write, do whatever it is that would serve as an outlet for the pain (minus of course, getting back with culprit) Yes getting back, how many of u are stuck in the wrong relationship but scared to take a walk… I know quite a few… (Topic for another day)

My point: You can’t do it on your own; after you have obeyed the ten ‘ridiculous’ tips you see everywhere on how to get over heartbreak you need God to help you , to heal you. He created you, so healing in you is no big deal at all. Be still and let him have his way.


Cheers!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment